Tuesday, May 4, 2010

For Our Mothers...

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
- Anonymous

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.
- John S.C. Abbott

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
- Sophia Loren

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men – from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment